Monday, November 12, 2007

My Apartment

My Apartment

I've seen this meme on a number of blogs and thought I would join the fun:

1. What kind of SOAP is in your bathtub right now? Ivory Soap, Bath Body Work's Pumpkin Body Wash

2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator?I do not. I'm not sure if I have any fruit. I need to order some groceries.

3. What would you change about your living room? I wish it were bigger! I also still need a new upholstered chair to go with my new linen sofa and I am having the worst time finding one. The sooner the better so I can get rid of my husband's nasty goodwill chair!


4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? They are dirty b/c it is not full yet.


5. What is in your fridge? our brita, seltzer water, milk, Crystal Light Pink Lemonade, Diet Coke, several different kinds of cheese, eggs, bread, a door full of condiments,yogurt, pickles, cool whip, tortilla shells, olives...I need to go shopping!

6. White or wheat bread? Whole wheat please.

7. What is on top of your refrigerator? A basket with bread products and then a nice bottle of champagne we got as a wedding gift and an unopened bottle of Johnny Walker Blue that my boss gave me after his last meeting


8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? White waffle. I would love to get it monogrammed.


9. How many plants are in your home? I had a mum, but I killed it. I always kill plants. We did not pack any plants for our move so we don't have any now, but that is probably for the best. My husband does bring me fresh flowers quite often from the street vendors.


10. Is your bed made right now? Nope

11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Comet


12. Is your closet organized? Yes, I worked on it yesterday! It is very full though...city living!


13. Can you describe your flashlight? I saw them yesterday when I was cleaning. One is yellow and one is black.


14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? Plastic, monogrammed and Alabama tervis tumblers mostly unless they are all dirty, then I move on to the glass


15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? No, but that sounds really yummy. We just have crystal light and our brita.


16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? No garage in the city!


17. Curtains or blinds? Blinds. I'm thinking I need curtains, but that is way down the list since this is an apartment. I guess if I did panels we could move them and they would work in our future house.

18. How many pillows do you sleep with? 2 (a really soft one and a semi soft one behind it)


19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? No, just the glow from the city

20. How often do you vacuum? My husband vacuumed yesterday because Daisy is shedding EVERYWHERE! Normally we do it once a week, but this week we are going to have to do it more if we don't want to live in her fur. I think her first real winter coat is coming in.


21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Standard but I'd like to try an electric.


22. What color is your toothbrush? Yellow and my husband's new one is hot pink...but he swears it is red.


23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? No, we can't have a welcome mat in our apartment and we don't have a front porch. We had really cute ones for every season at my old house. My favorite was flip flops...but Daisy ate it when she was a puppy.


24. What is in your oven right now? Nothing.

25. Is there anything under your bed? Under the bed storage boxes with who knows what. One is filled with wires. Yes, my husband has a whole box of wires that he finds very useful.


26. Chore you hate doing the most? Ironing and dusting. We have more dust in NYC then I've ever seen in my life!


27. What retro items are in your home? None that I can think of...maybe my husband's goodwill chair that I hate


28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? I wish. We have a desk in our bedroom that my we bought in case my husband has to do work at home.


29. How many mirrors are in your home? Two. I really need a full length mirror. That has been on the "I need" list since we moved. But, carrying a full length mirror down the street is easier said then done.


30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? No. Just some change on the front chest.


31. What color are your walls?
Off white/Eggshell...no use in painting a rental in my opinion b/c you either have to pay to paint it back or paint it back yourself. In my old house I had coca walls in the living room and kitchen, light green in my bedroom, a mossy green in the dining room, yellow in my bathroom and my roommates room and khaki in my other roommates room.

32. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home?No, I think my doorman is good enough.


33. What does your home smell like right now? Not sure


34. Favorite candle scent?
Right now we are loving our pumpkin spice candle. I just got a cranberry/orange.


35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now?
Kosher Dill Garlic. I don't like pickles but I bought them for my husband and he hasn't eaten them yet.


36. What color is your favorite Bible? The one we have is white.


37. Ever been on your roof? Yes, we have a rooftop deck with a great view of the river and the city.


38. Do you own a stereo? No, not anymore.


39. How many TVs do you have? One plasma in the living room and our computer in the bedroom on the desk is also a tv....city space saving techniques!


40. How many house phones? One


41. Do you have a housekeeper? No, but I need one with all this dog hair!


42. What style do you decorate in?
Comfortable, preppy/classic, pottery barn style


43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints?
I like both but have mostly solid


44. Is there a smoke detector in your home?
Yes and sprinklers!


45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you'd grab if you only could make one quick trip?
Photos, wedding album, pearl necklace from my grandmother. But only AFTER I made sure my husband and Daisy were safely out of the house.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin