Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Project Dream Nursery

Sick of baby talk yet? Sorry--I'm less than 8 weeks away from J's due date and I've got baby on the brain!

I'm looking and thinking about the following for the nursery:

I would really like to pull the blue and white polka dots out of the bedding and use those as much as I can. I also love my Central Park Andy's Gang Toile, so that will look cute in other places too. Any suggestions and or thoughts?

1) Large and deep wall shelves in an espresso or mahogany finish like these (overpriced) or super cute blue/white polka dots (but I don't like the depth on this one) to hang/BOLT over the changing table and put baskets (hence why I need the larger depth) in them to help with storage issues in my small NYC apartment. I love these, but I'm thinking the white would not look so good with all of my dark wood. Thoughts?


2) Baskets for above shelves. Seen any cute and affordable ones? I love these with the dark brown basket and green/white polka dot liners, but these would work with the blue or green ribbon.

3) A great price on a chandelier. I'm thinking either this one or this one or this one. If you know of a cuter one that is a better price or how to get a better price on one of these please do tell!

4) Some really cute chandelier shades--maybe in a blue/white polka dot (like the bed skirt from my bedding) or matching toile chandelier shades from the same place that made my bedding or one of these (thanks for the website Blissful Belle)

5) A really cute rug--either blue with white polka dots, white with blue polka dots (thinking this one will get too dirty too fast, blue/green polka dots , green and white stripes like my hallway, or maybe just blue. I'll go with whatever comes in at bargain price! Seen any that will work with my decor??

6) Daisy painting for over crib is being given to me for Christmas. =)

7) Blue/White polka dot letters with ribbon being done by my friend S from Two Girls and a Glue Gun.

8) Mobile--why are they all so ugly? I can't seem to find one that even blends with my bedding. I'm searching for a blue/white polka dot mobile that has music. Anyone seen something like this? I'll settle for one that is baby blue/green/white. This is the only one I have found that blends so far. Oh, and I can't break the bank. $65.00 is not a good price for a mobile.

9) Diaper Caddy like this one in green and white polka dots or this one in blue and white damask or maybe this one in the dark basket with blue or green liner. Or maybe I should just get the one that matches the bedding. Fairy Godmother?

10) Rubber Ducky in (your guessed it--blue and white polka dots)

11) This would be pretty on the side wall by the kitchen. This would be cute for the shelves. Sure would be nice to have a pillow that matches my bedding.

I'm stopping now to go out and buy a lottery ticket. Can't wait to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

11 comments:

Rachel H. said...

Such great ideas...you make me so anxious to decorate the only room that we aren't decorating on our house, because we are going to make it into a nursery one day.

Mrs. Shelton said...

Thanks so much for all the great ideas! I have got to get busy on that room. Do you have any other suggestions for crib bedding? I love the custom bedding, but I really don't want to spend a lot of money. Well, I want to, but just can't...especially since we will only use it once as we will probably only have 1. I'm trying to be practical, but it is VERY hard!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

I love your nursery bedding so adorable. You've probably seen the drooz wallhangings. I just think they are so cute and sweet in a nursery. You make me want to decorate a nursery now too. :-)

Mrs Anne said...

Love your color scheme and style!

Dont apologize for having baby on the brain... You're about to bring a little bundle of joy into the world! :)

i was just at Ikea and they have some cute kids stuff that you may be able to apply towards the look you're going for at a lower cost..
just a suggestion!

:) happy days to you and yours~

Newlywed Next Door said...

The stuff you're looking looking at is SO cute, esp. the Chandeliers! BTW- you're totally allowed to have baby brain so don't fret. I can't wait to see what you end up with in the nursery!

Ashley, Kyle, and Baby Boy said...

mobiles...i know they're not cute, but my SON LOVE LOVE LOVES HIS tiny love mobile!!

Preppy Coastee said...

Don't you just love CoCaLo? I am doing our nursery in Turtle Bay by CoCaLo...

I don't know if you've tried eBay for the mobile?

One day I sat down and searhced through all the big cities on craigslist and found my bedding and mobile and diaper stacker! Time consuming but it will definitely cut out the 65 dollar price tag if the person is willing to ship it. It might be used though...

Love all your ideas!

Kate said...

I love hearing about your nursery and baby! I can't wait for the photos :)

Now that you mention it, mobiles usually are ugly! I guess babies like them anyway

Elizabeth said...

Pottery Barn Kids had a cute mobile that was blue/green. I think it went with the Eli bedding. My mom ended up making one for Ella and it turned out really cute. I love your bedding - toiles and polkda dots are my favorite!

Speakin' Southernese said...

Check out the Brown and Blue southern signs at my friend Susie's Etsy shop. I would send a pic but not sure how (still learning to blog :) It's www.lowkeyconsortium.etsy.com

Some are very southern and would go great with your theme...Happy sleeping!

MVW

icing on the cake said...

I love the blue and brown combination. It's so soothing. And, I'm really interested to see what kind of shelves you choose. I'm thinking that I'll need something like that for my nursery. Have you checked West Elm? They generally have a good selection.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin