Friday, October 23, 2009

A Special Trip


Tomorrow morning, we are packing up and heading to Memphis until Tuesday. This will be J's sixth state to visit in his 9 months of life (NY, GA, AL, FL, NJ.) We are going to Memphis so that J can meet his only living great grandparent, A's grandmother, "GaGa." (You might remember that my Grandmother passed away two weeks before Baby J was born.) GaGa has dementia so she probably will not understand our visit, but I know how much the trip means to A's Mom and A. I pray that she will have a few moments of understanding this wonderful event. We will be staying with A's Uncle and Aunt. I'm hoping to eat lots of good BBQ and maybe do a little Southern shopping. Any Memphis readers out there have suggestions for baby stores and stores for me?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I'll be back on Wednesday. BTW, I'm typing this on my NEW laptop! Lots more posts to come.

11 comments:

Whitney said...

Most definitely hit up the Saddle Creek Shopping Center....it has tons of stores that you will like for you and baby J. Go eat at the Rendevouz downtown for your bbq.

Andrea said...

For baby stores you should try Cotton Tails in the Laurelwood shopping center at Poplar and Perkins in East Memphis, Spoiled Sweet at Farmington and Exeter in Germantown, A Little Something Extra at Poplar and Forest Hill-Irene Rd in Germantown and the shops at the Collierville Town Square off Poplar past Germantown. There's also a Vineyard Vines at Poplar and Ridgeway in East Memphis.

For BBQ, I would go to the Germantown Commissary in Old Germantown. The desserts there are divine too! Don't waste your time with Corky's. Rendezvous is okay but not fabulous if you ask me....very touristy.

Hope you have a great visit!

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

Have lots of fun! We too went to visit my grandpa (daughters' great) who is blind, but it was a very important visit for us all!

courtney said...

Have a great trip!

Sorry I don't know anything about Memphis shopping...last time I was there all I did was go to Graceland haha

Kodi said...

I agree- Rendezvous is the best Memphis BBQ place. Can't beat the atmosphere. Also, if I remember correctly, it's within walking distance of the Peabody if you want to see the ducks! :)

Ms. M said...

Safe travels! I think it's very sweet and meaningful that you are taking the time to visit... and I'm certain Baby J will cherish the photos you take with "GaGa"

Mrs. Shelton said...

Hope you have a great trip! You are much braver than I am. We took Lilly to Florida for fall break but that is about it! I'm not much of a traveler myself so the poor girl probably won't have many adventures! Be safe!

Selectively Bitchy said...

Just found your blog! Love it, and will be back again and again!

Rachel H. said...

Hope you have a great trip! Can't wait to hear more about it upon your return. Hopefully, it was successful! :)

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I hope you all have a great time and safe travels!

All Things Cherish said...

Rendezvous is a MUST! Also, St. Jude Children's Hospital is there. Tours are free you just have to call to make a reservation. Enjoy your trip!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin